Enables innovative enterprise-grade managed services for cloud-based infrastructure
SAN JOSE, Calif. – May 7, 2015 – Vormetric, a leader in enterprise data security for physical, virtual, big data, public, private and hybrid cloud environments, today announced that CloudHesive has joined the Vormetric Cloud Partner program, and is offering an innovative suite of cloud managed services leveraging Vormetric Transparent Encryption and the Vormetric Cloud Encryption gateway. These offerings enable enterprises to realize the compelling benefits of cloud-based infrastructure use, without increasing risk to sensitive and regulated data using Encryption as a Service (EaaS) as a key component.
“We’ve created an enterprise-grade set of encryption services built on the Vormetric platform that is grabbing the attention of the whole cloud managed services industry,” said Jim Walker, CEO of CloudHesive. “Our services based on Vormetric’s offerings operate without any detectable impact on user throughput or response times. Also, we are able to utilize the solution’s powerful access control and separation of duty features to maintain independence between vendors; dramatically increasing the security posture of each client.”
CloudHesive needed an encryption solution that could support dynamic business and deployment models and that removed the data security concerns of prospective clients.
Key requirements included:
- Ensuring that CloudHesive personnel could perform management and operation tasks without gaining access to sensitive client data
- Meet compliance and regulatory security requirements for encryption and access control to sensitive data across multiple industry segments
- Supply this data protection across multiple cloud provider environments, hybrid cloud implementations, within customer’s on premise data centers and for SaaS storage applications
- Keep encryption keys and policy management separate from cloud infrastructure
Two Vormetric solutions have been implemented for CloudHesive’s EaaS offerings – Vormetric Transparent Encryption and the Vormetric Cloud Encryption Gateway:
- Vormetric Transparent Encryption delivers IaaS data-at-rest security using highly available clusters of Vormetric Data Security Manager key management appliances, administered by the company’s team of cloud security engineers. Security policies are custom designed for each client to exactly fit their unique requirements. The capabilities of Vormetric Transparent Encryption include data encryption at the file or volume level without modification of existing infrastructure or applications and at hardware encryption enabled speeds. The solution includes access controls to encrypted data and security intelligence information that can help organizations identify malicious attacks on sensitive data.
- The Vormetric Cloud Encryption gateway helps enterprises secure sensitive data residing in Amazon Web Services (AWS) Simple Storage Service (S3) and Box environments with encryption, key management and access controls. Data is encrypted before it leaves enterprise environments with controls of encryption keys and access policies kept within enterprise control.
“CloudHesive is offering enterprises of all types and sizes a compelling solution – enabling them to safely deploy to cloud infrastructure environments without enhancing the risk of exposure of their data and making their transition to the use of cloud infrastructure resources easy and painless,” said CJ Radford, VP Cloud for Vormetric. “Vormetric is delighted to have CloudHesive as a partner, and to help them address their customer’s needs for security, risk reduction, data privacy and compliance.”
For more information on CloudHesive solutions for securing enterprises in the cloud here.
To learn more about Vormetric Transparent Encryption, The Vormetric Cloud Encryption Gateway and the Vormetric Data Security Platform, visit http://www.vormetric.com..
A leader in data security solutions, Vormetric (@Vormetric) protects data-at-rest in physical, virtual, big data and cloud environments. Trusted by businesses and governments for over a decade, Vormetric’s Data Security Platform secures the data of more than 1,500 global enterprises—including 17 of the Fortune 30. With Vormetric, a single infrastructure and management environment protects data wherever it resides with file, volume and cloud storage encryption, tokenization with dynamic data masking, field-level application encryption, sophisticated access control policies, third party and integrated encryption key management.
+1 (415) 591-8409
Jonathan Mathias / Kasia Murphy
+44 (0)20 7401 7968
VormetricTeam@johnsonking.co.ukVormetric South Korea
+82 2 566-8898