Traditional passwords have many downfalls. An Enterprise user needs to authenticate to - in average -27 different applications. Choosing a different password for each app becomes cumbersome and most often people are using the same password, which greatly compromises security. That’s where passwordless authentication comes in.
Passwordless authentication offers the users a way to verify themselves while not having to remember or manually type passwords, which in turn provides stronger security and fewer breaches. So how does it work?
Thales offers several authentication solutions for Passwordless Authentication and SSO (Single Sign On):
- By using SafeNet Trusted Access, our Authentication and Access Management Cloud Service, to quickly remove passwords from authentication and SSO flows via easy-to-use conditional access policies.
- By using a combination of Push OTP and Biometric PIN or Push OTP and PIN.
- This method called SafeNet MobilePASS+ supports Windows 10, iOS & Android platforms and is available as part of Authentication as a Service from Thales.
- Biometric verification can include face recognition or the finger sensor when used as a second factor to access a token on an iOS (FaceID, TouchID), Android or Windows 10 device (Windows Hello).
- By using Thales FIDO2 certified devices with any SSO platform supporting FIDO2 standard.
- By using Certificate Based PKI authenticators, USB or Smart Cards that cover additional use cases like digital signature and email encryption, physical access...
- We also support Voice, in which a 3rd Party SMS provider translates SMS OTP to voice audio.