Vormetric Announces Partner Program for Payment Card Industry (PCI) Qualified Data Security Companies (QDSCs)
QDSC SecurityMetrics Joins as a Charter Member to Add Vormetric CoreGuard to Its Portfolio of Preferred PCI Data Security Standards (DSS) Remediation Solutions
SANTA CLARA, CA - March 20, 2006
- Vormetric, a leading provider of security solutions for protecting sensitive information from unauthorized access, today introduced its new Vormetric partner program for Payment Card Industry (PCI) Qualified Data Security Companies (QDSCs). SecurityMetrics Inc., a QDSC that has performed over one hundred PCI audits since 2000, joined as a Charter Member of The Vormetric Partner Program.
Vormetric's partner program gives PCI QDSCs preferred access to Vormetric's customer-proven PCI data security products, expertise, training, and support. QDSC customers -- including merchants, acquirers, and service providers -- who work with Vormetric Partners benefit by knowing that their assessor has knowledge and special access to a proven, cost-effective alternative to address their unique PCI needs.
"In the course of performing PCI audits, we often encounter band-aid fixes in lieu of data encryption," said Wen Free, Vice President, SecurityMetrics. "Anything less than encryption falls short of what we typically recommend to our customers. Vormetric's approach to encryption, access control, auditing and host integrity within the PCI DSS and their willingness to provide us with valuable support, sets them apart from any one else we are working with."
The PCI Data Security Standard is a compliance initiative agreed upon by the payment card industry (Visa USA, MasterCard International, Amex and Discover) that requires best-practice security standards for merchants and service providers that handle payment card information. The standard involves on-site audits, self-administered audits, and network scanning, which apply to merchants and service providers on various levels according to the volume of transactions each facilitates. Only qualified auditors may conduct on-site PCI audits.
Vormetric's Partner Program is managed and supported by a seasoned team of proven channel business leaders, including Vormetric's Director of Industry Marketing, Heather Mark, PhD, CISSP, who have built and managed highly successful PCI programs in the past. This team created the program with its partners' needs as the driving force. The program includes the following:
- Business Opportunity Enablers: Offers partners like SecurityMetrics referral fees and competitive pricing to enhance product sales and shortened sales cycles
- Training: fully educates and prepares partners to sell or refer Vormetric solutions with collateral and localized resources
- Marketing Support and Programs: Provides partners with the ability to participate in and co-create marketing programs including demand generation and market awareness with access to free customizable collateral and a variety of available resources
- Technical and Sales Support: access to pre-sales engineering support, with toll-free support hotline for premium partners
"We consider partnerships to be a crucial element in our company's success. Therefore, we developed our partner program to strengthen our existing partnerships and broaden our relationships," said Reed Taussig, CEO of Vormetric, Inc. "The predicted growth of the data privacy and protection market is a great opportunity for QDSCs to grow their businesses. CoreGuard gives our partners an edge that can help assure their success." The new Vormetric Partner program offers two distinct categories of membership: Referral and Reseller. Each category offers its own corresponding benefits and requirements aimed at helping partners increase revenues and enhance their market position. The program is now available to solution providers in North America and Europe. Interested partners should contact Dr. Heather Mark: Email: email@example.com for more information.
Vormetric is the leader in data security management and enforcement solutions. Vormetric Data Security provides a centrally managed, high performance, easy-toimplement, distributed solution that solves the pressing compliance, security and risk management challenges facing today’s enterprises and government agencies. Vormetric’s application- and database-transparent solution outperforms other offerings to provide stronger and broader data security at a fraction of the management and implementation cost.
Vormetric’s more than 230 customers represent the world’s most trusted brands in financial services, retail, manufacturing, healthcare, media, energy and telecom industries as well as highly security conscious government agencies.
Vormetric technology has received strong market validation for its innovative approach to data security, including:
- Selection by IBM as the core database encryption solution for DB2 and Informix on LinuxTM, Unix® and Windows
- Computerworld Technology Innovation Award
- Selection by Symantec to provide the Symantec Veritas NetBackupTM Media Server Encryption Option
- Partnership with Oracle to secure the execution environment for Oracle® Database Vault
- Five patents issued and nine patents pending
Vormetric is a trademark of Vormetric, Inc. All other names mentioned are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.