Vormetric Data Security Version 4 Delivers First Multi-Domain Enterprise Encryption System for More Efficient, Cost-Effective and Flexible Data Protection
SANTA CLARA, Calif., May 12, 2009 —Vormetric, Inc., the leader in data security management and enforcement solutions, announced today the next generation of its highly-acclaimed, centrally-managed data security solution, which delivers unmatched flexibility, security and cost savings for data security management across the enterprise. Vormetric Data Security Version 4 (v4) addresses the needs of enterprises that are rapidly adopting data encryption for mission-critical systems by providing a centralized, manageable and highly-flexible approach for protecting any file, any database, any application – anywhere it resides.
Vormetric Data Security v4 offers the first multi-domain, multi-role data security management system to complement and extend Vormetric’s high-performance enterprise encryption capabilities. The Vormetric next-generation management system benefits organizations in highly-regulated sectors such as government, retail, outsourcing and financial services by supporting enterprise policy enforcement and key custodian hierarchies, while simultaneously empowering lines of business to implement encryption and access control policies, based on their unique needs.
A strong multi-tenant management model available in Vormetric Data Security v4 provides fully customizable audit, key, policy and host roles – allowing these functions to be controlled in a corporate, business unit/department or hybrid model. These capabilities facilitate cross-domain information sharing, provide a secure method for diverse entities to securely leverage a centralized key and policy management infrastructure and are ideal for multi-tenant environments such as hosted offerings and diverse enterprises.
Faced with growing data security threats and compliance requirements, companies are expanding the use of encryption across a wide array of systems throughout multiple business units. With Vormetric Data Security v4, organizations gain a centralized, enterprise encryption system that is easily tailored to meet the needs of any diverse enterprise.
In a February 2009 Forrester Report “Market Overview: Database Security,” Principal Analyst Noel Yuhanna offered insight into the Vormetric Data Security solution: “Unlike solutions that encrypt data at the level of a column or database, Vormetric’s solution encrypts and decrypts the underlying database file in a way that is transparent to the database and application, which helps to minimize performance overhead. It also offers separation of duties, centralized key management, and policy management.”
Vormetric Data Security v4 furthers state-of-the-art data security management and enforcement through:
- Multi-domain Security Management – Consolidates the functions of multiple data security managers via domains in a single connected key and policy management system. The Vormetric solution is easy to configure to meet the data governance needs of complex organizations, including: enterprise-tobusiness-unit oversight; business unit control with enterprise support; or a hybrid model while maintaining separation of duties between domains.
- Role Based Capabilities – Strengthens separation of duties model through advanced key management, policy management, audit and administrator roles that are easily customizable to meet the structure of any organization.
- New Platform Support – Delivers extended encryption support for new platforms and systems, including Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and new support for databases running on raw partitions through encrypting at the volume manager layer.
“Vormetric has been tremendously successful helping enterprises protect their most valuable data anywhere it resides. With our next generation Data Security solution, we have built on that foundation, creating more efficient and cost-effective ways to manage and enforce data security on a broad scale,” said Richard Gorman, president and CEO of Vormetric. “No one company is built alike and we recognize that enterprise encryption deployments require a system that can easily be tailored to meet the management requirements of every organization.”
Vormetric (www.vormetric.com) is the leader in data security management and enforcement solutions. Vormetric Data Security provides a centrally managed, high performance, easy-to-implement, distributed solution that solves the pressing compliance, security and risk management challenges facing today’s enterprises and government agencies. Vormetric's application- and database-transparent solution outperforms other offerings to provide stronger and broader data security at a fraction of the management and implementation cost.
Vormetric's more than 500 customers represent the world's most trusted brands in financial services, retail, manufacturing, healthcare, media, energy and telecom industries as well as highly security conscious government agencies.
Vormetric technology has received strong market validation for its innovative approach to data security, including:
- Selection by IBM as the core database encryption solution for DB2 and Informix on LinuxTM, Unix® and Windows
- Computerworld Technology Innovation Award
- Selection by Symantec to provide the Symantec Veritas NetBackupTM Media Server Encryption Option
- Partnership with Oracle to secure the execution environment for Oracle® Database Vault
Vormetric is a trademark of Vormetric, Inc. All other names mentioned are trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.