Secure Tertiary Data Backup (STDB) is ComingAugust 25, 2021
About this webinar
The Hong Kong Association of Banks (“HKAB”) issued the Secure Tertiary Data Backup (“STDB”) Guideline in April 2021 to better prepare Banks recover and restore critical data in order to facilitate the resumption of critical functions, services and systems in a prompt manner in the event of destructive cyber-attacks. The STDB Guideline contains eight principle-based guidelines and nine characteristics that AIs could consider to enhance their controls. All retail banks and foreign bank branches with significant operations in Hong Kong are expected to submit a report containing the result of their assessment to the HKMA by November 2021.
Thales, together with the Commvault and NetApp, the industry leading vendors in data management, backup and recovery to co-host a webinar to share the latest update about the latest STDB guidelines, its related solution design and implementation. This webinar will be also featuring PwC that was appointed by the HKAB to formulate the STDB principle-based guidelines.
Come join this webinar to learn:
- High-level consideration and preparation on STDB implementation
- Protection against malicious attacks with data encryption, immutable point-in-time image and WORM retention
- Data backup and recovery plan that is timely, secure, resilient and cost-optimized
- Protection and management for cryptographic keys
- A holistic data backup and protection offerings to meet the stringent security requirements
Speakers: Chris Mo, Partner, Risk Assurance, PwC
Karl Lee, Director, Sales Engineering, Commvault
Benjamin Hui, Solutions Engineer, NetApp
Wood Lam, Security Consultant, Cloud & Protection Licensing, Thales