As security breaches continue with alarming regularity and compliance mandates become more pervasive, companies must discover and protect sensitive data across on premises, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments. Thales continues to facilitate risk management options for customer deployment choices no matter where their data resides.
Now, Thales CipherTrust Data Security Platform is validated for Microsoft Azure Stack Hub and Azure Stack HCI. Azure Stack enables customers to extend Azure services and capabilities to their environment of choice - from the data center to edge locations and remote offices.
A recent customer example includes a public sector organization in Asia that needed to secure sensitive data on premises but wanted the functionality of Microsoft Azure.
In this case, Thales integration with Azure Stack Hub allows the organization to meet their local privacy laws and security compliance regulation while tokenizing PII data seamlessly across the hybrid cloud deployment which in this scenario is the Azure public cloud and Azure Hub.
The organization chose BYOK with Thales CipherTrust Cloud Key Manager and BYOE (tokenization) which provides two layers of encryption. First at the storage/VM level to protect the entire dataset on the cloud and second, tokenization to handle classified/sensitive data.
Thales is a global Microsoft partner focused on delivering solutions for Azure Stack Hub and Azure Stack HCI, on-premises storage systems, intelligent edge appliances, and cloud-based Microsoft Azure Services. We are working to help customers transform their businesses to drive digital transformation for people, organizations, and industries worldwide.
Thales solutions recently validated for use with Microsoft Azure Stack Hub and Azure Stack HCI include:
- CipherTrust Cloud Key Manager (CCKM)
- CKM centralizes key life cycle management for various cloud service providers.
- Enterprises can back up keys on premises, destroy keys no longer needed, and manage the entire life cycle of the cloud keys.
- CipherTrust Manager (CM)
- CM offers enterprise key management to simplify data security policies and key management anywhere.
- CipherTrust Transparent Encryption (CTE)
- CTE protects data at rest, residing on Direct Attached Storage (DAS), Network Attached Storage (NAS), and Storage Area Networks (SAN).
- CiperTrust Vaultless Tokenization (CT-VL)
- CT-VL is a platform-independent appliance (virtual machine or bare-metal) that offers REST-API services to protect sensitive data. CT-VL offers three service categories for protecting sensitive data:
- Tokenization service
- Key management services
- Cryptographic services
Azure Stack HCI is a hybrid cloud service built on an hyper-converged infrastructure cluster solution that hosts virtualized Windows and Linux workloads and their storage in a hybrid environment that combines on-premises infrastructure.
- Offsite backup and disaster recovery
- Centralized update management through the Azure portal
- Cloud-based monitoring
- Security and advanced threat protection
- Centralized governance
- Cloud-based update
The efficient use of cloud technologies is not limited to migration scenarios but also plays a significant role in hybrid environments, with some computing resources remaining in on premises datacenters. Hosting resources in an on premises datacenter is sometimes mandatory because of technical, regulatory, or compliance requirements.
Protecting data is imperative given the vulnerable nature of sensitive personal data and how it’s being used, stored, and handled. Regulations such as HIPAA, GDPR, and PCI-DSS have been put in place to address data security concerns and privacy regulations to protect data.
Thales CipherTrust Data Protection solutions are highly scalable, work in a hybrid and multi-cloud ecosystem, and provide data protection and key management across different environments. Thales solutions complement Microsoft Azure Stack Hub and Azure Stack HCI to allow companies the flexibility to meet their data protection needs.
Visit Thales listings on the Azure Hybrid Partner catalog. This catalog showcases third-party applications and services validated across Azure Hybrid - Azure Stack Hub and Azure Stack HCI.