What is Software Back-Office Automation?
Software back-office automation is the digitalization and automation of your company's business-facing processes. It includes automated data collection and reporting, digitalized and efficient internal communication processes, automated business metrics reports, automatic regulatory compliance updates, robotic record maintenance, and more. In addition, back-office automation must also address the more specialized back-office operations of emerging software vendors. Some of these include overcoming the complexity of supply chain processes, automating workflows, and establishing a robust, practical method for electronic software distribution.
To run a future-proof company, and specifically to run a future-proof software enterprise, you must deploy a software management platform that includes its own robust back-office automation and at the same time is able to fully integrate with your existing automated back-office processes. That way, you will experience full software back-office automation that will help you lead a thriving business for years to come.
Importance & Benefits of Software Back-Office Automation
When you were a small business, it's possible that you could get away with having one or two people ticking off checklists, manually packing products, sorting paperwork, and generally maintaining your back-office operations. However, in this age of digital business transformation, your desire to scale for growth means that back-office automation is the only way you can remain viable in the increasingly competitive corporate battlefield.
Back-office automation will result in benefits for your customers, your employees, and your bottom line. Your customers will benefit from increased efficiency, decreased wait times, and a smoother, more digitalized experience. Your employees will be free from mind-numbing, redundant tasks that lead to burn-out. You will increase your bottom-line by reducing operational overhead and cutting down on payroll. And lastly, when your back-office is fully automated and integrated with software systems, you can work within your new digital landscape to implement new processes that will help you overcome roadblocks to your company’s growth.
So what exactly can you expect from software back-office automation?
- Reduce Labor Costs - When you can have a robot complete a task instead of a human, you can cut down on payroll.
- Increase Employee Efficiency - Your employees once had no choice but to spend time manually inputting data,sending emails, or doing other administrative tasks. When those tasks are automated, your employees can use their time and talents to propel real business growth.
- Reduce Human Error - Computers don't make mistakes the way people do. Back-office automation will drastically reduce errors so that your clients can count on your systems to run efficiently.
- Reduce Operational Overhead - Functions like software licensing management once required expensive hardware. Back-office automation lets you implement digital processes instead of physical ones, so you can eliminate unnecessary expenses.
- Enable Future-Focused Processes - Effective back-office processes create an environment where innovation is possible. A great example of this is the success of Stryker Corporation, one of the world's leading medical technology companies. Sentinel Solutions made their transition from hardware to software licensing possible by, amongst other things, streamlining Stryker's back-office automation processes.
- Make Auditing Effortless - An automated back-office means that your information is perfectly sorted and stored so when you need to pull up records, you can access what you need quickly and easily.
- Simplify Internal Communication - No more memos, CCed emails, and muddled communication. Automated back-office communication means that everyone stays up-to-date with the information they need to do their jobs efficiently.
- Increase Customer Satisfaction - Your investment in back-office software results in a more efficient digitalized customer experience.
Sentinel Solutions for Back-Office Automation
The shift from a hardware to software-centric revenue model is one of the most economically sound business decisions you can make but, at the same time, it's often a logistical nightmare.
That is where Sentinel’s solutions come in. Sentinel solutions increase your operational efficiency by both creating new back-office automation processes and integrating with existing back-office software. Vendors will be able to sync their licensing process with backend billing, customer relationship management software (CRM), and enterprise resource planning software (ERP). Sentinel solutions also automate the product delivery processes, allow for online product updates, consolidate licensing management activities on a unified on-premise, cloud, or hybrid licensing platform, and more.
Watch Your Company Thrive with the Help of Software Back-Office Automation
Software back-office automation gives order, predictability, and streamlined functionality to complex operations, and ultimately, is the only way to drive business growth.
The right software back-office automation will transform the tedious, manual work that was once necessary to license software, fill orders, store information, and gather data, into automatic processes that set you up for long-term success. If you are ready to transform your business, find out more at cpl.thalesgroup.com.